Foreign Language Placement Testing
French, German, Japanese, Latin, Russian, and Spanish Placement Testing
- Departmental Credit Policy
Dates: Spring 2018. (Flyer)
- April: Wednesday 4/4, Thursday 4/5 & Friday 4/6
- 6:00 pm
Location: Stanley Coulter Hall 231
- Testing, Placement and Credit:
- No advance registration, come to any night of testing
- Placement results provided at conclusion of exam
- Students will be able to register for their placement course on same evening of exam (according to registration window)
- Earn departmental credit for courses skipped in 101, 102, 201, 202 sequence by completing your placement course with a C- or higher on WL campus.
Form 231, filled out and signed by your advisor
Valid Purdue ID (PUID Card)
Second form of identification with Photo ID (such as current passport or Driver's License)
If you do not have a valid PUID card please provide Purdue documentation of your name with your Purdue ID number
Please contact your academic advisor for additional information
American Sign Language Placement Testing
- Testing is by appointment: Contact Raymond Olson email@example.com
- Test will be conducted in ASL and includes demonstration of basic signs and conversation
- Results will determine placement in ASL102 or 201 (placement in ASL 202 is not an option)
- An advance Form 231 is not required; your advisor will be notified of placement results
Chinese Placement Testing
Date: March 26th, 2018
Time: 2 Hour test begins at 7:00 pm
Location: Stanley Coulter Hall G030 (we also have SC G032 for grading)
Required: Form 231, signed by your advisor
- INSTRUCTIONS for Chinese Placement Test
- Chinese Studies Policy
Italian Placement Testing
- Fall orientation: Thursday of Fall orientation (for 2018 Thursday August 16th) 9-11 am drop in, no appointment needed.
- Thereafter: during current office hours. Not negotiable. By email notification.
- NOTE: although session dates mirror the FLPT they are separate and independent. No placement sessions are currently available in the summer. Summer STAR students should plan to attend the session scheduled during Fall BGR and notify the Annalisa Mosca, Coordinator of Italian Language via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As scheduled sessions are offered, testing by appointment during the academic year will now be discouraged except on an occasional infrequent basis.
• The above are drop in sessions. Students will need approximately 40 minutes to complete the test which consists of a written portion followed by a brief conversation. Results are immediate. No appointment necessary but advance email notification is appreciated.
• Students who have taken Italian in high school, at another institution or through other means must take the placement test and should identify themselves as soon as possible to the Coordinator of Italian. Please remember that the test is for placement purposes only. As per departmental policy, students who desire to receive credits must then complete the course in which they were placed. Students may not therefore test out of Italian.
• Native or heritage speakers of Italian as well as students who have AP credits should also identify themselves to the Coordinator of Italian as soon as possible to discuss options.
• Please contact your academic advisor for additional information