About the College of Liberal Arts
What does "Liberal Arts" mean?The hallmarks of a liberal arts education include communication, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving abilities, which employers cite as the most important skills in new hires. Our curriculum helps students build these skills, along with an appreciation of diverse perspectives and knowledge of various methods of research. And the College embraces and facilitates study abroad and internship experiences for all interested students.
What do Liberal Arts graduates do?
Our students have varied interests and academic majors, and our graduates walk diverse career paths in business and government.
Among other diverse engagements, Purdue Liberal Arts graduates have presided over Disney Theatre, directed the United Nations Population Fund, founded C-SPAN, designed remote control cars for Mattel and greeting cards for Hallmark, worked as management consultants for Accenture, and acted on the New York stage.
College of Liberal Arts
100 N. University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067 USA
- About CLA
- Academic Programs »
- Degree Requirements and Other Procedures
- Honors Program
- Opportunities for scholarships, awards, prizes, and honors
- Other Student Resources »
- Study Abroad and International Programs
- CLA Faculty Research Support »
- CLA Graduate Student Research Support »
- CLA Undergraduate Student Research Support
- Recent Funding Opportunity Announcements
- CLA Researchers Around the World
- Contact Information
- College Resources
- News and Events