Research with an ImpactResearch in the College of Liberal Arts is uniquely positioned to address the political, economic, cultural, historical, social, communicative, and literary dimensions of global grand challenges.
Covering areas such as environment, health, sustainability, diversity, inclusion, and globalization, research in the college seeks to understand, explain, and solve contemporary problems in Indiana, US, and the globe.
CLA researchers have been widely recognized as some of the most prolific scholars in their disciplines and the college currently is home to some of the most research active departments nationally.
In addition to producing highly recognized disciplinary research, CLA faculty are actively engaged in conducting research in interdisciplinary teams both within the college as well as in collaboration with researchers in Agriculture, Engineering, Health Sciences, Science, and Technology.
Recent Faculty Recognitions
Marianne Boruch, professor of creative writing and poetry in the department of English, has won the $100,000 Kingsley Tufts Poetry Award for her book "The Book of Hours." The award, given to a mid-career poet, was announced by Claremont Graduate University in a news release.
- About Liberal Arts
- Academic Programs
- Degree Requirements and Other Procedures
- Honors Program
- Opportunities for scholarships, awards, prizes, and honors
- Other Student Resources
- Study Abroad and International Programs
- Research Newsletter
- CLA Faculty Research Support
- Margo Katherine Wilke Undergraduate Research Internship
- Global Synergy Research Grants
- Enhancing Research in the Humanitites and the Arts Grants
- Exploratory Research in the Social Sciences Grants
- Transdisciplinary and Interdisciplinary Research Grants
- Research Initiative Grants
- Faculty Development Centers
- PRF International Travel Grants
- PRF Summer Faculty Grants
- CLA Graduate Student Research Support »
- CLA Undergraduate Student Research Support
- Contact Information
- News & Events