Skip to main content

Request Faculty Course Release

Occasionally, faculty will be asked to serve in administrative roles in their respective unit, such as Director for Undergraduate Studies, Director for Graduate Studies, Associate Head, Program Director, and among others. The Head is required to request course releases to the Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs. Please refer to the Dean’s memo for instructions, and use this template  for your request. 

To provide an opportunity for the Head to review those appointments, the Dean’s office recommends that a term limit be defined, preferable within three years. Click here for details.