Professor, Director of Undergraduate Studies
Office and Contact
Room: BRNG 2274E
Office hours: Spring 2020: Monday 9:30am - 11:00am & Tuesday 1:30pm - 3:00pm
Phone: (765) 494-3333
Dr. Boyd teaches COM 204 (Critical Perspectives on Communication), the writing intensive course that is part of the pre-communication requirement. Teaching is his favorite part of the job; he has won Purdue's 2010 Murphy Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching, as well as the College of Liberal Arts Outstanding Graduate Faculty Award.Representative Publications
- “A tool instead of a chore: Measuring student learning gains in order to improve instruction.” Communication Teacher (2018). With Melanie Morgan.
- “Organizational rhetoric: A subject of interest(s).” Management Communication Quarterly (2011). With Damion Waymer.
- "A different kind of [text]book: Using fiction in the classroom," Communication Education (2004)
- “The rhetorical construction of trust online.” Communication Theory (2003).
- "Selling home: Corporate stadium names and the destruction of commemoration," Journal of Applied Communication Research (2000).