American Studies is the interdisciplinary study of America as a place, a political and social idea, a set of values and traditions and a people. Through the program, you will have opportunities to examine America through the diversity of its idea, texts, objects, institutions, practices, and histories as well as complex social and political relationships. American Studies offers you the freedom to create an academic path that fits your interests and goals by choosing classes within a framework of required courses and a concentration area. Furthermore, you will have opportunities to showcase your work and meet internationally-known scholars through a student-organized academic conference.
- October 7, 2015 - Fall Faculty/Student Meeting
- October 19, 2015 - Colloquium: Mel Stanfill
- November 2, 2015 - Colloquium: Scott Shoemaker
- February 8, 2016 - Colloquium: Dr. Paisley Currah
- March 7, 2016 - Colloquium: Dr. Rachel Lee
- April 23-24, 2016 - 2016 Symposium
- April 23, 2016 - Awards Banquet