Dear Parents and Families of Liberal Arts Students
Read all about what Liberal Arts is from a sample front page of The New York Times. In 2008, Liberal Arts faculty were cited more than 650 times in the media talking about their research, current events, inventions, film, pop culture, and health.
It is a pleasure and a privilege to welcome you to Purdue University and the College of Liberal Arts. My husband, Dick, (Science ’57) and I have been in your position as parents of students—two here at our West Lafayette campus. The University and College of Liberal Arts are here to assist you and your son or daughter with this journey.
College years are life-changing times for parents, families, and students. I urge you to embrace these experiences and to encourage your student to succeed both in, and outside, the classroom. Continue to explore this website dedicated to parents and families. Check here for information on important deadlines, parent and family advice, campus events, and other related news.
A hearty welcome and warm congratulations as you join the great Boilermaker family. I wish you and your son or daughter the very best.
Sheri Rahdert, President
College of Liberal Arts Alumni Board
BA, English, 1990, MPA, Indiana University, 1997
Paying for Purdue: A Guide for You and Your Family
- About CLA
- Academic Programs »
- Degree Requirements and Other Procedures
- Honors Program
- Opportunities for scholarships, awards, prizes, and honors
- Other Student Resources »
- Study Abroad and International Programs
- CLA Faculty Research Support »
- CLA Graduate Student Research Support »
- CLA Undergraduate Student Research Support
- Recent Funding Opportunity Announcements
- CLA Researchers Around the World
- Contact Information
- College Resources
- News and Events