Jewish Studies Prize
*** ANNOUNCEMENT ***
The Edward Simon Essay Prize in Jewish Studies
2022 - 2023 Jewish Studies Essay PrizeThe 2022-2023 Edward Simon Essay Prize in Jewish Studies competition is now underway and open to all undergraduates at Purdue University. The deadline for entries for the 2022-2023 prize is April 2023. Date TBA. Here are the guidelines:
1. The contest entry must be original work and come from a student who is an undergraduate at the time the entry is initially prepared. All fields in Jewish Studies, as well as all methodologies and approaches, are included.
2. Each entry should indicate the name of the author, standing at the University at the time of submission (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior), and academic major. Please also include an email address and phone number where you can be reached during the summer, as well as local Purdue addresses.
3. Faculty may, at their discretion, nominate entries.
4. An individual may submit no more than two (2) entries.
5. A typed or word-processed, double-spaced format is preferable for all written work submitted. Entries must be clean (free from extraneous marking), neat, and proofread for mistakes.
6. Entries may be submitted by email: email@example.com.
7. The author of the prize-winning essay will deliver the essay as a public lecture in the Jewish Studies Noon Lecture and Discussion Series in the Fall term immediately following notification of the award.
8. Any questions should be referred to the Jewish Studies Program office.
(765) 494-7965 or firstname.lastname@example.org