Spring 2019 Exam Defenses
- April 5, 2019 10:00am, HEAV 123 Christopher Munt "A Century in the Baths”: Allan Bérubé, Spatial Politics, and the History of Gay Bathhouses in the United States”
- April 12, 2019 1:00pm, HEAV G004 Katje Armentrout "Notes on the State of American Agriculture: Young Farmers and "The Farm" After the 1980 Farm Crisis"
- April 17, 2019 1:00pm, RAWLS 1071 Jennifer Sdunzik "Mapping Whiteness: Uncovering the Legacy of All White Towns in Indiana"
- April 17, 2019 1:00pm, HEAV 123 Jeff Wimble "Survival Technologies: African-American Musical Modernisms"
- April 18, 2019 12:30pm, HEAV 123 Pamela Sari "Politics of the (Most) High: Transnational Networks between Gospel of the Kingdom Megachurch (Indonesian Mennonite Synod) in Central Java, Indonesia and Pentecostal/Charismatic Institutions in the United States"
Summer 2019 Exam Defenses
- May 14, 2019 10:00am, HEAV G4 Olon Dotson "Fourth World Nation: A Critical Geography of Decline”
- June 5, 2019 10:00am, BRNG 1202 Keturah Nix "Is the Veil On or Off?: Uncovering America's Racial Tensions Through the Symbolization of Booker T. Washington."
Dossier Service Information
The Program in American Studies provides a dossier mailing service to ABD Ph.D. students and recent graduates of the program. The guidelines and forms for this service are below.
Basic Packet Information
Instructions for Mailing Requests
- Requests for mailings are accepted ONLY on Mondays. These packets will be mailed by Friday of the same week.
- You should email Brandi Plantenga (email@example.com) with the address/es you wish to have your packet mailed.
Form 23 - Drop/Add form
Form VT - Request to create/add variable Title course
Research in Absentia Form - Please print and complete the form according to instructions. Contact Brandi Plantenga (firstname.lastname@example.org or 494-7161) for assistance. You will need to submit this to Brandi in order to proceed with the process.
Grants, Awards, and Fellowships
The American Studies Program offers funding for all graduate students in American Studies who present their work at any national or international conference. The amount awarded depends on the total estimated cost for a student to attend the conference. In recent years, students at all stages of their graduate work were funded to attend conferences across the United States as well as in foreign countries.The Travel Request form must be completed and submitted to Program Assistant, Brandi Plantenga (email@example.com). Travel Requests are due August 1st.
All graduate students must add Program Assistant as a delegate. Travel requests and expense reports mustbe submitted with the Program Assistant. Please see the Program Assistant, Brandi Plantenga, for information and assistance.