Fine Arts Undergraduate program allows students to customize their studies. The Fine Arts program offers five areas of concentration for undergraduate majors: Ceramics, Drawing & Illustration, Jewelry & Metalsmithing, Painting & Printmaking, and Textiles. Students choose from an exciting range of courses in these disciplines as well as mixed media, computer art, alternative processes, life drawing, sculpture and art history. The program provides a solid multidisciplinary foundation of conceptual and technical skills and emphasizes self-exploration and individual expression.
Points of Pride
- Fine Arts is housed in Yue-Kong Pao Hall, Purdue’s new state-of-the-art facility for the visual and performing arts. All studio classes are taught in this building, which boasts, among other items, a raku kiln and a digital Jacquard loom.
- Students completing the Bachelor of Arts degree in fine arts develop a well-rounded perspective, critical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities, and communication skills applicable in many environments – within and beyond professional work in their art discipline.
- Related student clubs include the Purdue Art Jewelry and Metals Association (PAJAMA), and the Delta Phi Delta Fine Arts Club.
- Creative director
- Textile designer
- Business Owner
- Graduate or Professional School
- About Liberal Arts
- Academic Programs
- Degree Requirements and Other Procedures
- Honors Program
- Opportunities for scholarships, awards, prizes, and honors
- Other Student Resources
- Study Abroad and International Programs
- Research Newsletter
- CLA Faculty Research Support
- Margo Katherine Wilke Undergraduate Research Internship
- Global Synergy Research Grants
- Enhancing Research in the Humanitites and the Arts Grants
- Exploratory Research in the Social Sciences Grants
- Transdisciplinary and Interdisciplinary Research Grants
- Research Initiative Grants
- Faculty Development Centers
- PRF International Travel Grants
- PRF Summer Faculty Grants
- CLA Graduate Student Research Support »
- CLA Undergraduate Student Research Support
- Contact Information
- News & Events