Robert L. Ringel Gallery, Stewart Center
5:30 - 7 pm
Opening reception in the Robert L. Ringel Gallery in Stewart Center. Attendees will have the opportunity to cast their votes for which works in the exhibit they feel should be purchased for the permanent collection.
The Lilliputians March Small Works Competition is an update to the tradition of Sixty Square Inches. For over 30 years, Purdue University Galleries has been committed to providing a showcase for the best of small-scale contemporary printmaking and is now opening the competition to a wide variety of small artworks.
Juror Mark Ruschman serves as Chief Curator of Fine Arts for the Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites. He previously owned and directed the Ruschman Gallery in Indianapolis. He was also the director of TURF, the IDADA Art Pavilion, which featured site-specific installations by artists from around the state, as part of the cultural festivities in conjunction with Super Bowl XLVI.
- Connections: Works on Paper from the Purdue Galleries Collection
- Amanda Small: "All Truths Wait in All Things"
- Crystal Wagner: "Hyperplastic"
- BFSD (Big Fat Scary Deal)
- INTRO: Community Selections
- Moonlight Cocktails are the Thing
- Emily Trick: “Imagined, Desired, and the Factual”
- Lilliputians March: National Small Works Competition
- Honky Tonk: Portraits of Country Music by Henry Horenstein