Foreign Language Placement Testing
French, German, Japanese, Latin, Russian, and Spanish Placement Testing
- Departmental Credit Policy
Dates: Fall 2017. (Flyer)
- August: Wednesday 8/16th, Thursday 17th, Friday 8/18th and Monday 8/21st.
- November: Wednesday 11/8th, and Friday 11/10th
- 6:00 pm
Location: Stanley Coulter Hall 231
- Testing, Placement and Credit:
- No advance registration, come to any night of testing
- Placement results provided at conclusion of exam
- Students will be able to register for their placement course on same evening of exam (according to registration window)
- Earn departmental credit for courses skipped in 101, 102, 201, 202 sequence by completing your placement course with a C- or higher on WL campus.
Form 231, filled out and signed by your advisor
Valid Purdue ID (PUID Card)
Second form of identification with Photo ID (such as current passport or Driver's License)
If you do not have a valid PUID card please provide Purdue documentation of your name with your Purdue ID number
Please contact your academic advisor for additional information
American Sign Language Placement Testing
- Testing is by appointment: Contact Raymond Olson email@example.com
- Test will be conducted in ASL and includes demonstration of basic signs and conversation
- Results will determine placement in ASL102 or 201 (placement in ASL 202 is not an option)
- An advance Form 231 is not required; your advisor will be notified of placement results
Chinese Placement Testing
Date: October 16th, 2017
Time: 2 Hour test begins at 7:00 pm
Location: Stanley Coulter Hall G030 (we also have SC G039 for grading)
Required: Form 231, signed by your advisor
- INSTRUCTIONS for Chinese Placement Test
- Chinese Studies Policy
Italian Placement Testing
- A scheduled session for the Italian Placement Test takes place during Fall Orientation; students can come at their own convenience during this block:
August 17th, 9:00 - 11:00am in SC 143.
(This is a drop in session, ans students will need aprox. 35-40 minutes with immediate results).
- If students wish to take the the placement test during the course of the semester, they should contact Annalisa Mosca, Coordinator of Italian 101-205 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to schedule an individual appointment. Students who have taken Italian in high school, at another institution or through other means must take the placement test and identify themselves as soon as possible to the Coordinator of Italian. Please note that the test is for placement purposes only. Students who desire to receive credits must then complete the course in which they were placed. Students may not therefore test out of Italian.
- Please contact your academic advisor for additional information