How to Apply
Students looking to participate in the contest must complete an application and submit it to their Japanese instructor. Application forms will be available from the event webpage. The completed applications will be checked to ensure fair competition.
Steps for Contest Applicant:
- Read carefully the contest guidelines. General Guideline Grammar Guidelines
- Receive an application form from your instructor/Download it from the website.
Download Contestant Application Form
- Read carefully and fill out the application form.
- Turn the application form in to your instructor before Friday, April 13th, 2018.
All applications must be approved by your Japanese instructor. Your Japanese instructor must currently be teaching at Purdue University. Applications without this confirmation will be dismissed. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. All applications must be fully completed and received before the deadline.
To help the judges prepare for the contest, students competing in the speech division are expected to submit a draft of their script in Japanese prior to the designated submission deadline.
The deadline for draft is Monday, April 23rd, 2018. Please submit your final draft via the designated link.
Students do not have to adhere exactly to their manuscript at the contest; the manuscripts allow the judges to formulate questions for each student’s speech.
Students are allowed to change the language content of their speech, but changes to the title/ general theme of the speech after the submission of application and draft is strongly discouraged.
Steps for Instructor:
- Print and pass out "Contestant Application Form" to the applicant.
- Applicant fills out the form and submit it to their instructor.
- Revise the contestant’s application form and correct if any mistake, unless your student may be disqualified.
- Fill out all required information on the instructor’s online registration form by the deadline.
[Skit Division Register Here]
[Speech Division Register Here]
Please note that the instructor online application form will immediately close after the deadline.
- Hand in to the contest administrator, or scan the contestant application form in PDF (.pdf) and sent an e-mail attached the application, by the deadline.
By SLC Japanese department & Japanese Cultural Events Organization (JCEO)