There are two primary ways to contribute to the vitality of the Religious Studies Program: 1) funding and 2) active participation. We hope you contribute in both ways.
What Your Financial Gift Can Do
Any gift, no matter how small, will make a difference to the program and will be greatly appreciated. Together, small gifts add up and enable us to do things we would not have been able to do otherwise. You may contribute online or send your gift to Purdue University, Program in Religious Studies, c/o Interdisciplinary Studies Business Office, 100 North University Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2098 (make check payable to the Religious Studies Program).
Here are some ways in which your gift can benefit the program.
- Ten $15 gifts enable us to host a colloquium with a speaker from Purdue.
- $150 will enable us to host a reception so that interested students can get to know the Religious Studies faculty as well as majors and minors already in the program.
- $200 gift would provide for a single undergraduate writing award.
- $250 will allow us to provide a forum where undergraduate students can present their best work.
- Five $200 gifts, or one $1,000 gift will enable the program to bring an outside speaker to present a public lecture to the campus community and to interact with students.
- A $4,500 gift could provide the endowment for an annual undergraduate writing award.
- A $5,000 gift could provide a new course development grant.
- A $10,000 gift could provide for a summer faculty research grant.
- A $30,000 gift could provide an endowment for four annual faculty colloquia.
- A $60,000 gift could provide the means for a visiting scholar to teach and research at Purdue for one year.
- A $1.5 million gift could create a permanent, named faculty position that would allow the program to expand its coverage.
- A $2 million gift could create a named professorship for attracting new world class faculty to the university.
What You Can Do
The Religious Studies events page lists upcoming events of special interest to its faculty and undergraduate majors and minors. But all are welcome: faculty, students, and staff with or without Religious Studies affiliation, as well as community members. Please check the events page regularly for new information, or join the "Friends of Religious Studies" by emailing the program director, Ashley Purpura at email@example.com. "Friends of Religious Studies" will receive reminder emails close to event dates, and will be tapped to provide input on future programming, both on and off campus.