Photo and Video Contest
Calling all CLA study abroad students!
The Study Abroad & International Programs team is interested in sharing your study abroad experiences. We're looking for great photos and engaging videos that tell a story from your perspective. Be as creative as you'd like! Your story could span the entire length of your trip, or it could focus on one particular element or timeframe.
We hope that CLA alums of Purdue's study abroad programs will use this opportunity to reflect on their learning and experiences abroad when they look at these images. We also hope that students who are considering study abroad are inspired by the experiences your photos and videos represent. This is a great opportunity to provide the Purdue community with a visual glimpse into the experience of a Liberal Arts student abroad!
- 1st Place photo or video: $100 Amazon giftcard
- 2nd Place photo or video: $50 Amazon giftcard
- 3rd Place photo or video: $25 Amazon giftcard
Deadline for 2017 submissions: January 12, 2018
Eligibility and Guidelines:
All CLA undergraduates who participated in a study abroad program in 2017 (spring/summer/fall) are eligible to submit photos and videos for this contest. Photos and videos must have been taken during the time you were abroad.
- For photos, use high-resolution JPEGs, minimum 1800 pixels
- For videos, use the highest resolution your camera will allow and limit the duration to three minutes.
- In your video, please be sure that you are using copyright-free music (found at sites like freemusicarchive.org).
- The content of your images must be in accordance with the University's code of conduct.
- In submitting photos/videos to the contest, you agree that Study Abroad & International Programs may use them for promotional and commercial purposes without further permission, conditions, or compensation.
- Students may submit a maximum of five photos for consideration.
Submissions will be judged by a committee composed of students and Study Abroad & International Programs staff, with criteria of creativity, technical, and artistic merit. Upon award, winning photographs and videos will be posted to our website and shared on social media; in the future, they may be used in print pieces, at events, and in promotional materials for study abroad programs.
Questions? Contact Elizabeth Anderson at email@example.com.