Deans' Faculty Fellow Program
This one-year CLA Dean’s Faculty Fellow Program intends to provide opportunities for up to two tenured faculty members to participate in leadership development and the policy/decision-making process with the Dean’s leadership team on all aspects important to the excellence of liberal arts. In particular, the Dean’s Faculty Fellow will work with the Dean’s Senior Team and complete a project strategically identified to advance the College toward its goal of emerging as a leader in innovative liberal arts education and scholarship.
Areas of Focus (including but not limited)
• Overall Student Success (undergrads and grads): recruitment, retention and graduation, career services;
• Undergraduate Education: curricular innovations, research and teaching opportunities;
• Faculty Development: recruitment, retention, promotion and tenure guidelines, pre/post-tenure mentoring system, mid-career research advancement;
• Diversity Efforts: climate/sensitivity/culture in workplace and classrooms, undergraduate and graduate recruitment, strategies, actions with measurable impact;
• Faculty and Graduate Student Research: evaluation of faculty productivity, assessment of internal/external grants activity, promoting excellence in research.
$5,000 S/E allocation for the fellow year (academic year).
All tenured faculty in CLA are eligible to apply. Program duration is two semesters from the start date. Please look out for program announcement from the Dean’s office in Fall 2017.
- A two-page letter indicating your interest, experiences, and possible project specifying one of the focus areas. State why you are positioned to contribute to advancing the College’s strategic goals. State your preferred start date as well.
- A current CV
- A letter from your department or school head endorsing your application.
For questions relating to this program, contact Wei Hong at email@example.com, Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs.