CLA Staff Development Fund
The College of Liberal Arts Staff Development Fund was established in 1994 to provide financial support to administrative/professional staff in the College of Liberal Arts for professional development activities.
The goal of this initiative is to assist Liberal Arts staff to THINK BROADLY, LEAD BOLDLY and to develop skills that will prepare them for advancement and enrich their experience. The award will be offered on a rolling basis with ongoing cycles anticipated to ensure that staff have multiple opportunities to garner financial support to achieve their development goals.
Staff (AP or Op Tech) may submit requests for up to $500 to be used to further their own professional development. The goal of this initiative is to assist Liberal Arts staff in developing skills that will prepare them to advance at Purdue and to perform their current duties more effectively.
Funds requested may be used to defray costs associated with attending professional meetings or seminars, to participate in workshops, or to enroll in professionally oriented courses related to employment responsibilities. (Requests for credit and non-credit courses will need to be reviewed on a case by case basis.) Requests for the purchase of videotapes, books or journals, and other materials that would contribute to personal professional development are also appropriate.
Applicants should complete the application form and email a scanned copy to CLAadmin@purdue.edu. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis. A three-person committee, including one member of the dean’s office staff, one administrator and one A/P staff member will review the proposals. Their recommendations will be submitted to the COO for final decision regarding funding.
- All full and part-time staff (AP or Op Tech) in regular continuing appointments in the College of Liberal Arts are eligible to apply.
- Only one proposal per staff member will be funded in an academic year.
- Preference will be given to staff members who have received no previous awards and whose proposals explore innovative ways to approach their duties in the college.
- Requests may be submitted to cover expenses for “future” professional development activities.
- Funds awarded must be spent within one year of the award date.
- Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis