STAR SUMMER 2015: If the Written Exam was passed, there will be an oral exam (as assigned) on: Monday, August 24, 2015 at 5:30 pm in the basement of Beering, room B230.
FALL 2015 COM 114
Oral Exam: If the Written Exam was passed, there will be an oral exam (as assigned) on: Thursday, September 17th at 5:30pm and Thursday, October 29th at 5:30pm in BRNG B230.
COM 114 is a required course for many students at Purdue. It is a study of communication theories as applied to speech and involves practical communicative experiences ranging from interpersonal communication and small group process through problem identification and solution in discussion to informative and persuasive speaking in standard speaker-audience situations.
Credit is awarded to students who successfully pass a written exam and deliver a persuasive speech. Both tests must be passed to establish credit. The student must meet the following criteria to attempt credit by exam for COM 114:
- Officially enrolled in Purdue University
- NOT enrolled in the COM 114 or COM 217 course more than two weeks into the semester. The student may not take the exam if s/he has attended a COM 114 or COM 217 class for longer than two weeks (by 5:00pm on the 2nd Friday of the semester).
- Has not previously attempted the COM 114 testout exam. Testing out is a one-time opportunity.
- Have form 231 from his/her academic advisor to submit at the time of the written portion of the exam
- Provide a transcript at the time of the written exam (available via the Office of the Registrar: http://www.purdue.edu/registrar/Students/Transcripts.html)
For detailed information on the written exam, speech process, and requirements, see the link below.