Letter of Inquiry Example
Letters of Inquiry should be used when you are interested in working for a company or organization and that company or organization does not have a job posting. Use this format to "inquire" about possible job opportunities. See the example below:
January 20, 2008
Ms. Charlotte Green
Environmental Consultants Inc.
P.O. Box 7692
Denver, CO 12345
Dear Ms. Green,
I am writing to inquire about job opportunities at Environmental Consultants, Inc. Your web page highlights that you are in the process of expanding your research facilities and I am pleased to learn that your company may be in need of additional individuals with strong research and leadership skills. I will be graduating this May with a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology and believe my education and experience make me a good fit for your company.
My experience as an intern with Carson Geological Consultants, as well as in the Jonesboro College Department of Geology, has provided me with a strong foundation in the field of environmental impact research. My specialty area of soil composition analysis should prove beneficial in performing the duties of the Coordinator. For the past two years, I served as president of my Fraternity. I was responsible for coordinating activities, organizing meetings and providing leadership to a peer group of 25 men. My enclosed resume provides additional information on my education and experience.
I look forward to an opportunity to discuss my qualifications and learn more about your company. Feel free to contact me at (765) 495-xxxx. I am available Mondays after 2 p.m. I will be contacting you on February 5 to assure you received my application. Thank you for your time and consideration.
- About Liberal Arts
- Academic Programs
- Degree Requirements and Other Procedures
- Honors Program
- Opportunities for scholarships, awards, prizes, and honors
- Other Student Resources
- Study Abroad and International Programs
- Research Newsletter
- CLA Faculty Research Support
- Margo Katherine Wilke Undergraduate Research Internship
- Global Synergy Research Grants
- Enhancing Research in the Humanitites and the Arts Grants
- Exploratory Research in the Social Sciences Grants
- Transdisciplinary and Interdisciplinary Research Grants
- Research Initiative Grants
- Faculty Development Centers
- PRF International Travel Grants
- PRF Summer Faculty Grants
- CLA Graduate Student Research Support »
- CLA Undergraduate Student Research Support
- Contact Information
- News & Events