I'm not sure I'm being harassed. Can you help?
Definitely. SHAN gives you information you need to determine if what you experienced constitutes sexual harassment.
Does SHAN take formal steps to stop the harassment?
No. SHAN helps you consider the different options and strategies you have.
Does this mean I'm on my own?
Certainly not. SHAN assists you in many ways. We can help you keep records, file informal or formal complaints, and arrange meetings with personnel on campus. Please contact us.
What if I don't want to take any formal action?
In most cases, that's fine. One of SHAN's functions is to give you the opportunity to talk to us without fear or reprisal. There are also informal ways of addressing sexual harassment concerns. Call us to talk.
What is SHAN?
The College of Liberal Arts Sexual Harassment Advisors Network provides a supportive environment for individuals who believe they may be victims of sexual harassment to discuss their experiences. The purposes of the network are three-fold:
to provide channels for students and staff to come forward to discuss sexual harassment concerns;
to provide information and present options available to address their concerns; and
to provide a supportive and listening ear to individuals who choose not to go further with their concerns.
Questions about SHAN
- About CLA
- Academic Programs »
- Degree Requirements and Other Procedures
- Honors Program
- Opportunities for scholarships, awards, prizes, and honors
- Other Student Resources »
- Study Abroad and International Programs
- CLA Faculty Research Support »
- CLA Graduate Student Research Support »
- CLA Undergraduate Student Research Support
- Recent Funding Opportunity Announcements
- CLA Researchers Around the World
- Contact Information
- College Resources
- News and Events