Student Recruitment Office
The Liberal Arts Student Recruitment Office (SRO) exists to help prospective students find the best fit for their college studies by providing information about majors and curricula, campus activities, career opportunities, and more.
The SRO works with all high school students who are interested in undergraduate programs in the College of Liberal Arts. The primary focus is the matriculation of high school seniors to undergraduate students.
The SRO collaborates with the Purdue University Office of Admissions, various Liberal Arts departments, and other Purdue recruitment offices on recruitment strategy and programming. The staff provides speakers and information for more than 20 university visit days on campus and for a variety of programs off campus.
The office promotes the college to students and parents by answering inquiries, conducting college specific mail, email, and phone marketing campaigns, and coordinating prospective student visits to Purdue, including:
Appointments with a liberal arts academic advisor
Appointments with the student recruitment director
Campus tours (through the Office of Admissions)
Requests for observing a class, meeting with a current student or professor, etc.
The SRO is located in room 1168 of Beering Hall, inside the Liberal Arts Academic Advising complex (room 1114). The SRO staff includes LaTasha Swanson, Director of Student Recruitment; Rachel Weaver, Secretary; and the Liberal Arts Dean’s Ambassadors, who are current students selected and trained to represent the college. You may contact the SRO by email at email@example.com, or by phone at (765) 494-6291.
- About Liberal Arts
- Academic Programs
- Degree Requirements and Other Procedures
- Honors Program
- Opportunities for scholarships, awards, prizes, and honors
- Other Student Resources
- Study Abroad and International Programs
- Research Newsletter
- CLA Faculty Research Support
- Margo Katherine Wilke Undergraduate Research Internship
- Global Synergy Research Grants
- Enhancing Research in the Humanitites and the Arts Grants
- Exploratory Research in the Social Sciences Grants
- Transdisciplinary and Interdisciplinary Research Grants
- Research Initiative Grants
- Faculty Development Centers
- PRF International Travel Grants
- PRF Summer Faculty Grants
- CLA Graduate Student Research Support »
- CLA Undergraduate Student Research Support
- Contact Information
- News & Events