Internet Antivirus 2011
Internet Antivirus 2011 is a rogue security program that misleads users into paying for the fake removal of malicious software. This fake program creates numerous harmless files on the computer and detects them as spyware, adware, trojans and other viruses during a fake system scan. After the fake scan, Internet Antivirus 2011 prompts the user to pay for a full version of the program to remove the infections (that do not even exist). If you have this rogue program on your computer, don't purchase it. Otherwise, you will lose your money and give your debit/credit card details to cyber criminals.
This program comes in many different flavors, names, and versions. Once infected and installed, AntiVirus System 2011 will cause your computer to slow down dramatically. It then issues fake system center alerts that look like real Windows security warnings. Here we include a couple of examples so that you can recognize AntiVirus System 2011.
Your system is
making an unauthorized personal data transfer to a remote computer!
Warning! Unauthorized personal data
transfer is detected! It may be your personal credit card details, logins and
passwords, browsing habits or information about files you have downloaded.
To protect your private data, please
click “Prevent Connection” button below.”
“Security Center Alert
To help protect your computer, Security Center has blocked some features of this program.
- About Liberal Arts
- Academic Programs
- Degree Requirements and Other Procedures
- Honors Program
- Opportunities for scholarships, awards, prizes, and honors
- Other Student Resources
- Study Abroad and International Programs
- Research Newsletter
- CLA Faculty Research Support
- Margo Katherine Wilke Undergraduate Research Internship
- Global Synergy Research Grants
- Enhancing Research in the Humanitites and the Arts Grants
- Exploratory Research in the Social Sciences Grants
- Transdisciplinary and Interdisciplinary Research Grants
- Research Initiative Grants
- Faculty Development Centers
- PRF International Travel Grants
- PRF Summer Faculty Grants
- CLA Graduate Student Research Support »
- CLA Undergraduate Student Research Support
- Contact Information
- News & Events