Faculty and staff in the College of Liberal Arts use a large library of software.
Most people begin with a common set of office productivity and Internet access applications including Microsoft Office and a web browser. These comprise what we describe here as the typical desktop.
For those who need only occasional access to multimedia and/or other content development applications, CLA IT has obtained shared licenses for a variety of programs which are usually installed locally but may be launched only when not in use by others in the college.
The University has established agreements with several companies (including Adobe, Macromedia, and Microsoft) such that some popular software is available for use at no cost, low cost, or special pricing on Purdue-owned computers. Some titles are available at low cost or special pricing for personally-owned computers. Details are on ITaP's site licenses page.
To become familiar with the basic purpose of many of the applications we use, read the brief descriptions provided here.
- About CLA
- Academic Programs »
- Degree Requirements and Other Procedures
- Honors Program
- Opportunities for scholarships, awards, prizes, and honors
- Other Student Resources »
- Study Abroad and International Programs
- CLA Faculty Research Support »
- CLA Graduate Student Research Support »
- CLA Undergraduate Student Research Support
- Recent Funding Opportunity Announcements
- CLA Researchers Around the World
- Contact Information
- College Resources
- News and Events