Welcome to the CLA Diversity Website!
This web site is designed to serve as a resource for diversity for faculty, staff, current and prospective students of the College of Liberal Arts.
Excellence in discovery, learning, and engagement can be achieved only in a diverse community of scholars committed to the free, open, and respectful exchange of ideas in all of its activities. We will continue our efforts to enlarge and sustain this community of scholars.
The College of Liberal Arts will work to...
- Increase the diversity of the University community to reflect our multicultural society;
- Improve the academic climate so that it is increasingly civil, respectful, accessible, and free from harassment;
- Create and sustain an environment that supports intellectual inquiry, cultural enhancement, and awareness of broader issues.
Within the College of Liberal Arts a number of faculty, staff, and students champion diversity and inclusion in a variety of venues. See the following websites for more information:
- CLA Diversity Action Committee: a college wide committee of faculty, staff, and students who advise the dean on issues of diversity and inclusion
- Student Diversity Initiatives (including DRIVEN and the Diversity Digest)
- Statistical Profile of Faculty, Staff, and Student Diversity in CLA
- Interdisciplinary Programs – while the vast majority of programs in CLA address societal issues of equality and diversity, interdisciplinary programs provide a firm foundation for exploring these issues
- Campus Wide Programs and Offices
- University Policies on Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, and Non-discrimination
- About Liberal Arts
- Academic Programs
- Degree Requirements and Other Procedures
- Honors Program
- Opportunities for scholarships, awards, prizes, and honors
- Other Student Resources
- Study Abroad and International Programs
- Research Newsletter
- CLA Faculty Research Support
- Margo Katherine Wilke Undergraduate Research Internship
- Global Synergy Research Grants
- Enhancing Research in the Humanitites and the Arts Grants
- Exploratory Research in the Social Sciences Grants
- Transdisciplinary and Interdisciplinary Research Grants
- Research Initiative Grants
- Faculty Development Centers
- PRF International Travel Grants
- PRF Summer Faculty Grants
- CLA Graduate Student Research Support »
- CLA Undergraduate Student Research Support
- Contact Information
- News & Events