Quirks and Errors
Ampersands (the & symbol) will cause an error if they are located in fields which are not WYSIWYGs, such as the file name (system name), title, or Page Headline. To fix this either remove the ampersand completely and replace with the full word "and" or you can use it if you instead type out & in place of the &. So if my page title was "Costs & Dates" I would change this to "Costs & Dates". If you save and look at the preview page, it will look like "Costs & Dates" because the system will convert & to &. For filenames you will need to remove the & completely.
When uploading files such as PDFs, Word Documents or images, there are certain letters/characters in the file name that will throw an error and cause the upload to fail. So far I have found the following letters/characters will not work (separated by commas): &, (, ), [, ], '. You will have to remove these characters completely from the file you are uploading.
o:p and stl:place errors
Sometimes after copying and pasting content into the WYSIWYG you will get an error message saying the system can't parse o:p or stl:place tags. These references come from Microsoft Office software and needs to be removed. The only way you can do this is to find and delete them using the HTML button and then do a search (Ctrl + F) for o:p or stl:place and remove all instances. If you are not comfortable doing this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help.
After you submit a page's changes, Cascade will check accessibility errors and then check all of the links on the page to see if they work or not. One issue is that Cascade has problems with links containing the tilde (~) character, it will convert them to ~ and then report the link as broken. There is no way around this, and everytime you have a link that contains a ~, you will need to delete the ~ and re-type the ~ in the URL.
- About Liberal Arts
- Academic Programs
- Degree Requirements and Other Procedures
- Honors Program
- Opportunities for scholarships, awards, prizes, and honors
- Other Student Resources
- Study Abroad and International Programs
- Research Newsletter
- CLA Faculty Research Support
- Margo Katherine Wilke Undergraduate Research Internship
- Global Synergy Research Grants
- Enhancing Research in the Humanitites and the Arts Grants
- Exploratory Research in the Social Sciences Grants
- Transdisciplinary and Interdisciplinary Research Grants
- Research Initiative Grants
- Faculty Development Centers
- PRF International Travel Grants
- PRF Summer Faculty Grants
- CLA Graduate Student Research Support »
- CLA Undergraduate Student Research Support
- Contact Information
- News & Events