Department of Philosophy
This page lists the titles of dissertations being written by students in residence at Purdue.
Dissertations in Progress
- Marco Altamirano, "The Reality of Nature." Director, William McBride. Philosophy and Literature Program.
- Alex Anderson, "Pragmatism and Value Creation in Environmental Ethics." Director, Charlene Seigfried.
- Yubraj Aryal, "Cultural Studies' Affective Politics: A Sovereign way of Caring of the Self." Co-Directors, Daniel Smith, William McBride. Philosophy and Literature Program.
- Erik Baldwin, "Reasonable Deep Disagreement and Rationality as Tradition-Based Inquiry." Director, Paul Draper.
- Jonathan Beever, " On the Moral Relevance of Peircean Signification." Director, Mark Bernstein.
- Damon Boria, "The Dialectic of Social and Individual Construction: A Study of Existentialist Social Philosophy." Director, William McBride. Philosophy and Literature Program.
- Vern Cisney, "Toward a Philosophy of Difference: From Derrida to Deleuze." Director, Daniel Smith.
- Gregory Esplin, "Heidegger and Deleuze on the Problem of Thought." Director, Daniel Smith.
- John Houston, "Friendship and the Human Good in Aristotle." Director, Patricia Curd.
- BonnieJean Kurle, "Reasonable Language: An Integrative Study in Grice's Theories of Meaning and Reasoning." Director, Rod Bertolet.
- Harrison Kleiner, "Ethics and the Other: Recovering Genuine Encounter through a Reinterpretation of Heidegger." Director, Daniel Smith.
- Olga Lyanda-Geller, "Lekta and Inner Form as Loci of Sense in Metaphysics of Language." Director, Daniel Smith.
- David Midtvedt, "Philosophical Fictions: Essays on Philosophy, Literature, and Language in the Fifth Century BCE." Director, William McBride. Philosophy and Literature Program.
- Philip Osborne, "Justification, Truth, and the Philosopher's Armchair: A Defense of the Subject Matter and Methods of Analytic Epistemology." Director, Michael Bergmann.
- Netty Provost, "A Time For Religion: A Phenomenology of Sacred Time in Eastern and Western Philosophy." Director, Daniel Smith.
- Ashley Puzzo, "Identity, Distinctness, and Explanation: A Thesis on Identify of Indiscernibles."
- Jacob Tuttle, "Francisco Suarez's Metaphysics of Efficient Causation." Director, Jeffrey Brower.
- David Turpin, "The Ontological Basis of Ethical Intuitionism in the Early Philosophy of Jean-Paul Sartre." Director, William McBride.
- Winship Varner, "In Defense of a Hylomorphic Analysis of Material Objects." Director, Jan Cover.
- Richmond West, "Hostility toward the Unattractive: A Critique of "Sexual Harassment Law." Director, William McBride. Philosophy and Literature Program.