BA 1970, Political Science
Partner, Barnes and Thornburg
Harold Bickham, a partner with Barnes & Thornburg's Indianapolis office, concentrates his practice on labor and employment law and litigation matters. His cases have been heard at the state and federal levels, including employment discrimination charges and wage claims.
Prior to joining the firm, Bickham served as an Assistant US Attorney for the Southern District of Indiana (1978-88); Senior Litigation Counsel (1987-88); and Chief of the Civil Division (1998-2001). While with the US Attorney's Office, he litigated a variety of cases under the Federal Tort Claims Act, False Claims Act, Controlled Substances Act, and environmental laws.
Bickham is involved in the Purdue Black Alumni Organization. He is a member of the National and Marion County Bar Associations. He is admitted to practice before the state and federal courts in the State of Indiana and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. Bickham has served as chairman of the National Tournament Committee of the American Bridge Association and as a charter member of the American Bridge Association Foundation.
While at Purdue Bickham was a member of the Purdue Band and the Omega Psi Phi. He and his wife, Rosemary, have two children.
- About Liberal Arts
- Academic Programs
- Degree Requirements and Other Procedures
- Honors Program
- Opportunities for scholarships, awards, prizes, and honors
- Other Student Resources
- Study Abroad and International Programs
- Research Newsletter
- CLA Faculty Research Support
- Margo Katherine Wilke Undergraduate Research Internship
- Global Synergy Research Grants
- Enhancing Research in the Humanitites and the Arts Grants
- Exploratory Research in the Social Sciences Grants
- Transdisciplinary and Interdisciplinary Research Grants
- Research Initiative Grants
- Faculty Development Centers
- PRF International Travel Grants
- PRF Summer Faculty Grants
- CLA Graduate Student Research Support »
- CLA Undergraduate Student Research Support
- Contact Information
- News & Events