Asian studies brings together an interdisciplinary group of faculty, staff, and students devoted to the study of China, Japan, Korea, Southeast Asia, and South Asia. The major combines the study of an Asian language (Chinese or Japanese) and non-language courses in literature, history, philosophy, political science, sociology, and art history. Asian countries account for more than half the world’s population. This fact, combined with Asia’s strong economic growth trends, ensures that Asian people, culture, and business will become an increasingly important world influence during students’ lifetimes.
Points of Pride
- Purdue has nearly 3,000 students who are citizens of Asian nations, providing a wealth of resources and connections for students of Asian studies.
- Twenty-three faculty members from diverse liberal arts departments share a focus and commitment to the interdisciplinary Asian studies program and its students.
- More than 60 various courses are available within the Asian studies major.
- There are over a dozen Asian student organizations at Purdue.
- Graduate work in the humanities, social sciences, business, law, or journalism
- Professional school in business or law
- Numerous entry-level jobs in business/management
- International careers
- About Liberal Arts
- Academic Programs
- Degree Requirements and Other Procedures
- Honors Program
- Opportunities for scholarships, awards, prizes, and honors
- Other Student Resources
- Study Abroad and International Programs
- Research Newsletter
- CLA Faculty Research Support
- Margo Katherine Wilke Undergraduate Research Internship
- Global Synergy Research Grants
- Enhancing Research in the Humanitites and the Arts Grants
- Exploratory Research in the Social Sciences Grants
- Transdisciplinary and Interdisciplinary Research Grants
- Research Initiative Grants
- Faculty Development Centers
- PRF International Travel Grants
- PRF Summer Faculty Grants
- CLA Graduate Student Research Support »
- CLA Undergraduate Student Research Support
- Contact Information
- News & Events