CLA Honors Colloquium: Presenting Scholarly Work and Research
The Honors Colloquium is an annual event held during the Spring semester in which College of Liberal Arts students present work they have done for honors courses. Professors recommend work for the Colloquium, and CLA students may also submit work on their own. Any work completed for an honors course over the previous two semesters (Fall/Spring - including projects for honors contract courses) is eligible for consideration. The deadline for the application, abstract, and scholarly work submissions for the Honors Colloquium is in early January. All CLA students receive notice of the deadline through the CLA honors newsletter and through various mailings. Additional information can always be obtained through the CLA honors office.
This is a signature event for CLA honors, great for your vitae or resume, and people from all over the university are invited to attend. Cash prizes are awarded for the best poster presentations and refreshments will be available. Please come and see what other CLA students are accomplishing in their courses. The colloquium is also an excellent way to find out about courses in which you may be interested.
Listed below are the student eligibility requirements for the CLA Honors Colloquium:
- Student must be enrolled in the College of Liberal Arts.
- Student must have a cumulative minimum 3.0 G.P.A.
- Students who have successfully completed 9 credit hours of honors coursework are allowed to submit the finest work from ANY College of Liberal Arts course completed during the previous calendar year.
- Students who have not successfully completed 9 credit hours of honors coursework are required to submit work ONLY from an honors course (CLA honors, HONR, or CLA honors contract) during the previous calendar year (Spring or Fall semester).
Location & Date2015 CLA Honors Colloquium: March 11, 2015 in PMU 118 (Noon-2:00pm)
2015 CLA Honors Colloquium Application
Interested students must submit a complete application for the 2015 CLA Honors Colloquium to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 23, 2015 by 5:00pm. All inquiries about the 2015 CLA Honors Colloquium should be directed towards the CLA Honors Assistant Director, Michael Loeffelman (email@example.com).
Past Colloquium Programs
- About Liberal Arts
- Academic Programs »
- Degree Requirements and Other Procedures
- Opportunities for scholarships, awards, prizes, and honors
- Other Student Resources »
- Study Abroad and International Programs
- News & Events