Welcome to CLA Honors
Interested in applying to the Honors College?
Spring 2014 Courses
This website will provide a diverse audience with information about CLA Honors via the navigation bar on the left. Let us know what additional information you seek.
Goals of Honors
Honors work in the College of Liberal Arts (CLA) is designed to foster intellectual curiosity and to provide a rich, diverse, and challenging educational experience. To that end, we bring professors and talented students together in a variety of ways: by offering a broad range of honors courses with limited enrollments; by providing extensive opportunities for Honors students to participate in individual projects with professors; and by providing supplementary activities through "The Honors Experience."
History of Honors in Liberal Arts
CLA Honors was first designed by faculty committees in the late 1970s. The first record of a student graduating with Honors from the College of Liberal Arts (then the School of Humanities, Social Sciences and Education) is in December 1982. Since then CLA Honors has grown extensively. Approximately seventy-five students a year now graduate with College Honors, and the membership averages three hundred members. Yet more students regularly enroll in honors courses - which are open to all students with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- About Liberal Arts
- Academic Programs
- Degree Requirements and Other Procedures
- Honors Program
- Opportunities for scholarships, awards, prizes, and honors
- Other Student Resources
- Study Abroad and International Programs
- Research Newsletter
- CLA Faculty Research Support
- Margo Katherine Wilke Undergraduate Research Internship
- Global Synergy Research Grants
- Enhancing Research in the Humanitites and the Arts Grants
- Exploratory Research in the Social Sciences Grants
- Transdisciplinary and Interdisciplinary Research Grants
- Research Initiative Grants
- Faculty Development Centers
- PRF International Travel Grants
- PRF Summer Faculty Grants
- CLA Graduate Student Research Support »
- CLA Undergraduate Student Research Support
- Contact Information
- News & Events